Easiest Boot Cuffs Ever-Free Pattern

It's fall! My favorite season because of two things: pretty leaves, and fall fashion. To commemorate this occasion, I made boot cuffs for the first time ever. 

Pic of me in beautiful, brown, scuffy boots

I decided to go the simple route and use one stitch the whole time. That's why I'd recommend these as a beginner project. 

The only stitches you need to know are:
  • hdc (half double crochet)
  • chain (ch)
  • slip stitch (sl st)

I used a G hook with 4-ply yarn (I don't have the specific brand because it was floating around in my yarn box without a label -_-). I used about one skein to make these, though there was some yarn left over. All I can say is that the yarn I used was a little thicker than Caron Simply Soft, and a little thinner than Red Heart.


Boot Cuffs Pattern

Row 1: Ch 21
Row 2-26: Hdc in 2nd chain from hook, and hdc in each st until the end of the row. Ch 1, turn. (20)

(Well, you won't ch 1 and turn for Row 26)

To finish off, sl st the shorter sides together through the outside loops. 

You'll have to sl st the first st, then turn the work around. (It makes it more comfortable to hold). Then sl st in each pair of outside loops till you reach the end. 



Then cut the yarn (about 1") and weave in the ends!

Tada! Easy peasy. 


Some side notes
  • Because the cuffs are made from a flat piece of fabric, you can replace hdc with lots of different stitches. I've seen people add decorative edging too. 
  • The pattern is also easily adjustable, so you can make them longer/wider easily. 
  • To make sure the cuffs will fit, I'd sl st the edges together, but not finish off, then try it on. If it seems snug but not too tight, then it's all right. Too loose and it'll fall down :/. 
Now some extra pics!


sitting on my beautiful stairs, wearing my bootiful boots

A close up of the fabulous hdc texture. I can't be the only one who loves hdc above all the other stitches right?

And lastly, a pinnable photo. 


If you liked my post, please subscribe and share! Thank you! And let me know what types of posts you'd like to see from me. 



CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. Ah! They are beautiful, Praji!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :3 I want to get some actual amigurumi stuff up soon though. So there is definitely more to come.

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful!! I just wish I had good boots for them :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Aw man! Boots are da bomb. I hope you get a pair someday! :P

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate comments, so if you have any questions or suggestions, let me know in the comment box below!

Back
to top